|The Jacksonville Civil Service Board will be accepting applications to establish a register for the position of POLICE OFFICER (click on job title for job description) from 8:00 AM on April 14 through 2:00 PM on April 28, 2014. Applications may be obtained at the Civil Service Office located at 111 Ladiga Street SE, Jacksonville, Alabama or downloaded at www.jacksonville-al.org. Civil Service Board contact information: 256/435-9695 (Mon - Fri, 8AM - 2PM) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school (must provide proof);
- Must be of good moral character;
- Some experience in working with the public;
- Successfully complete 12-week police academy training program within one (1) year of hire date.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- The applicant shall meet the minimum standards as established by Alabama law for law enforcement officers. Continuing education is required under Alabama State law.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (must provide proof) and a driving record suitable for insurability;
If required by the appointing authority, the applicant shall:
- Complete satisfactorily the tests administered by the Calhoun-Cleburne Mental Health Center, including the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.
- Satisfactorily pass a physical examination given by a local physician.
- Successfully complete the physical agility course prescribed by the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission.
***The physical agility test will be given before, but on the same day as, the civil service written exam. You MUST pass the physical agility test before you will be allowed to take the written exam.
Salary: Minimum - $14.10; Maximum - $23.30
Equal Opportunity Employer