City of Jacksonville Parks,Trails,
& Sports Facilities
Chief Ladiga Trail Rules:
The following rules and regulations shall apply to the use of the Chief Ladiga Trail as it lies within the city limits and police jurisdiction of the City of Jacksonville, Alabama:
1. The "Trail" may be utilized only during daylight hours.
2. No motorized vehicles shall be permitted on the "Trail" at any time. Exception: Maintenance and Emergency and Patrol Vehicles.
3. All users must give an audible warning before passing other users travelling in the same direction. Always pass to the left of the users being overtaken.
4. All pets must be kept on leash and under control at all times.
5. Owners must clean up after pets.
6. Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages in any form are prohibited.
7. Racing and excessive speeding are prohibited.
8. Approved safety helmets are required for all bike riders and skaters.
9. Users are required to stop at all street crossings and proceed with extreme caution. Obey all signs along the length of the "Trail".
10. Slow at all bridge crossings and use extreme caution.
11. Climbing on bridges and railings is prohibited.
12. No littering. Use waste receptacles provided.
13. Users must keep to the right when meeting oncoming users.
14. Walkers and/or runners using "Trail" have right-of-way over bike and skate users.
15. Equestrian use of the "Trail" is prohibited.
16. Use "Trail" at your own risk. The City of Jacksonville assumes no liability for accidents or other acts which may occur on this "Trail". (Section 35-15-1 through 35-15-5 Code of Alabama, 1975).