Employee Benefit Package
City of Jacksonville
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama – Single Coverage provided by City at no cost to employee
- * Family Coverage – Call Human Resources Office for current premium
- Vision Insurance (Humana CompBenefits) – Employee’s Cost – $0
- Dental Insurance (Southland) – Employee Cost $40 per month
- Life Insurance (American United Life) – Employee’s cost – $0
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy plus an additional $25,000 for Accidental Death
- Additional life insurance through Retirement Systems of Alabama
RETIREMENT SYSTEMS OF ALABAMA
Mandatory participation / Employee contribution:
- Tier I: 5% for regular employees and 6% for public safety employees
- Tier 2: 6% for regular employees and 7% for public safety employees
RSA-1 DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN
An optional deferred compensation plan offered through the Retirement System under payroll deduction
SICK LEAVE & VACATION LEAVE
Employees earns 13 sick leave and vacation leave days per year (normal 40 hr week)
Employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
COMMUNITY CENTER MEMBERSHIP
The City offers free employee and/or family membership to the Jacksonville Community Center.
*If you have a certificate of creditable coverage through a spouse or other program, you may be eligible for our opt-out payment program. Please contact our HR Office for more information.
^ To qualify for these benefits, you must be a permanent employee working at least 30 hours per week.